This image was released on Feb 26, 2016.
It shows a rendering of what Boffo and the Kettle might build at Venables and Commercial: 3 towers of 12, 10, 8 storeys. The detailed plans, including density, unit size, and the amount of space provided for the Kettle and its future tenants, have not yet been presented to the community. However, this rendering has prompted us at No Tower to ask several important questions we thought you might also be interested in considering:
- Do you want three massive towers rising 12, 10, and 8 storeys at Venables and Commercial?
- Do you want 200 expensive market condos to flood our neighbourhood?
- Do you want to drive land prices in Grandview-Woodland even higher?
- Do you want to put neighbourhood non-profit, rental, and other affordable housing at risk for upzoning and demolition?
- Do you want even more towers like this in the future?
- Do you want to see city-owned land turned over to private developers for their profit?
- Do you want to exempt governments from funding needed social services like the Kettle?
- Do you want to hand the future of our community over to developers?
- Sign our petition
- Talk to friends and neighbours.
- Put NO TOWER signs in your windows and yards (email@example.com).
- Participate in the upcoming Grandview-Woodland community plan discussions.
- Send letters to the editor, particularly at the Straight, the Vancouver Sun, Global News, and CBC Early Edition, which have presented one-sided stories.
- Write your mayor and Council to give your opinion. CC us with your letter.To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oppose these towers!.