On July 19, 2016, the No Tower Coalition sent a package of materials to the Mayor and Council members detailing our alternative proposal for the corner of Commercial and Venables. Our alternative focuses on making sure the Kettle Friendship Society achieves an expanded administrative and program space and the 30 single occupancy units they need. Our alternative also envisions 21 additional rental units, mostly 2 and 3 bedroom units, in a 6-storey building. Check out our alternative in the links below, which include:
- Our Letter to Councillors
- The Conceptual Drawings for the Kettle Space on the City parking lot site
- Our Design Principles
- A detailed economic and political Rationale for our Alternative
- A proposal for expanded public space next to the site – the Piazza Proposal
- An excerpt from the Vancity Rental Report about rental accommodation in Vancouver
- BC Housing Press Release and CMHC Press Release about available funding for affordable housing.